Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Replicate and Extend: An Approach to Teaching Research Methods and R Programming

This is the title of a talk I gave in the 45th annual Social Science Research and Instructional Council conference, which I helped organize. You can watch a video of it here. The talk describes the way my forthcoming book, Data and the American Dream, can be used in teaching econometrics and statistical research methods.

This page contains a link to the presentation slides. Below I also link to web pages I discuss in the presentation.



Web links from presentation:

Data and the American Dream homepage
A blog post on Using R to Choose Your College Major
IPUMS
IPUMS-USA
OpenICPSR
R Studio Cloud

2 comments:

  1. Hi Matt, I tried the connection to your presentation slides and it came back with error 404!

    Oh well

    ReplyDelete