Monday, November 2, 2015

University Scholar Series

I was honored to be invited to give a talk in SJSU's University Scholar Series on September 30th, 2015. 

The topic was Trends and Relationships Related to Air Pollution, Regulations, and Economic Growth.

This talk was recorded, and I will update this post with a link to the video once it becomes available.  For now, I include a link to my presentation slides.

The first part of my talk stressed fascinating trends in U.S. transportation and residential selection patterns, especially the fall in driving and growth of cities over the last few years.  I then discussed both my US and California research, and I briefly discussed my India research.  Finally, I discussed some of my thoughts on SJSU's South Campus, an area that straddles some of San Jose's most beautiful parks, and some of the country's worst hazardous waste sites.  Here I applied the results of my US and California research to make urban planning suggestions for San Jose.

As I mentioned, I will updating this post as soon as I have the link to the video.  For now I'm glad to be done giving talks and teaching a while, and getting back to my India research!

No comments:

Post a Comment